There is no doubt that hearing aids price a whole lot. Anyone who begins to look for the apparatus may find themselves with sticker-shock. If you have Medicare, you may be wondering if government assistance can allow you to cover your hearing aids. Here’s a review of what Medicare covers and how to find affordable hearing aids.
Regrettably, Original Medicare and many Medicare Supplement plans don’t cover hearing aids, routine hearing examinations, or fittings. This simple fact means that you are going to need to pay 100 percent of the cost of your hearing aids. However, there’s a way which you can find a little help using Medicare part B.
Medicare Part B covers diagnostic hearing tests if your doctor orders it for a medical reason. You and your physician should have a medical reason for the hearing loss, such as injury or illness. If you can get a medically necessary reason for diagnostic hearing evaluations, Medicare Part B will cover 80 percent of the amount approved by Medicare. You will be responsible for the remaining 20%.
Medicare Part C
Some Medicare plans cover hearing tests and hearing aids. Medicare Advantage, or Medicare Part C, does cover hearing aids and examinations. It is important to study which Medicare Advantage plan you are purchasing as they’re extremely distinct from one another. Medicare Part C is supplied by private companies that might also have additional benefits available to cover hearing aids if the Section C doesn’t cover the device. Research each company before picking one to make certain you choose one that covers your needs.
If you can’t buy a plan which includes hearing aids, there are other choices. Many online websites are devoted to providing affordable hearing aids for folks that need them. Advanced Affordable Hearing is one such site. Some models on the website begin as low as $199 per ear. The purchase price would depend on the sort of hearing aid you would like to purchase and your degree of hearing loss.
Another option would be to fund your hearing aid. Audicus supplies hearing aids for as low as $499 for each ear. If you can’t afford to pay this cost, you can begin a payment plan. Payment plans in this Audicus beginning at $36 a month and interest rates vary from 10-30%. Bear in mind that the rate of interest is based on your credit rating.